- Grand Jurors
- CGJA Members
- Membership Renewal
- Regional Meetings
- Chapter/Association Information
- CGJA Awards
- Grand Jury Achievement Report
- Board Information
- CGJA Regions
- Donate to the Cause
- About Grand Juries
Answers to the Question, “Why should I join the CGJA?”
- Being part of a statewide organization that shares your ideals and concern for preserving and protecting the grand jury system;
- A desire to support the programs of CGJA (public education, widespread dissemination of grand jury reports, recruitment).
- The resources offered by CGJA (training, legal questions, sharing of recruitment ideas);
- Fellowship at our Annual Conference & Membership Meeting with devoted, hard-working volunteers from around the state; This conference rotates to various locations throughout California and is held in the fall of each year.
CGJA Scope of Activities
We represent the grand juries of California at the county and state level.
Individuals: support the association via dues and volunteer activities.
Community and Chapter: joining a chapter gives you a chance to continue relationships with former colleagues; to stay in touch regularly; to stay involved with community issues; to have a unique outlet for socializing, and to continue your service to the community.
CGJA Committees for State Service: for those who want a broader experience there are committees and activities that support the CGJA Mission and Purpose:
- Training of new jurors in most California counties
- Publications such as Grand Jury law compendium, and the Grand Jury System book
- Web page with focused Google search engine and Grand Jury News
- Social media
- Legislative and Legal Resources Committee to monitor legislative activity and respond to inquires about grand jury law.
- Excellence in Reporting Awards and the Grand Jury Achievement Report
- Coordination of support activities
CGJA is expanding its horizons to add additional support services to meet our Mission. This includes working to develop educational materials about our important grand jury system for distribution to all California’s high schools and other institutions.
By joining CGJA you can continue to serve your community. CGJA needs your support and involvement in order to make sure the grand jury system in California continues to be effective and continues to grow.
CGJA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with no paid officers or directors.