B. What user information do we collect?
- Personal Information – CGJA requires the provision of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when a person applies for membership to our association or orders merchandise, publications or services. We regard PII as information that someone can use to identify or contact you in person, such as:
i) Real name, mailing, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, email address,
ii) As applicable, county of grand jury service and years served and completed on a California grand jury.
- Financial Data – Credit card and other financial account information, expiration date, and verification code.
- Web Usage Data – No PII is revealed, examined, or captured to recognize visitor data, analyze site traffic, or to mine PII.
C. How do we use the information we collect and do we share the information we receive?
- Personal information is used for distributing the CGJA Journal, merchandise sales, processing donations, processing CGJA membership applications, and registering persons for CGJA trainings and conferences.
- CGJA discloses PII only to persons within CGJA and to its service providers that (i) have a need to know that information in order to process it on behalf of CGJA or to provide CGJA products and services, and (ii) have agreed not to disclose it to others.
- CGJA does not provide PII to third parties for marketing purposes. We reserve the right to disclose your PII as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of CGJA or others, respond to claims and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
- You may choose not to provide CGJA with PII or you may turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings. If you make these decisions, you may continue to use the Online Services and browse its pages. However, CGJA cannot process orders or registrations without your PII.
D. Update personally identifiable information
- You may update your PII by contacting the CGJA Membership and Chapter Relations Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E. How secure is the personal information we collect?
- We strive to make certain that our servers and connections incorporate the latest encryption and security devices. We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Secure servers transmit credit card, financial and personal information. Documents are delivered to you via the United States Postal Service or email. Unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to or from the CGJA website, or through the use of our services, and you provide this information at your own risk. ACCORDINGLY, WE DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR THE THEFT, LOSS, OR INTERCEPTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO, YOUR DATA OR COMMUNICATIONS BY USING THE CGJA WEBSITE AND OUR SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME THESE RISKS.
- IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN BREACHED THROUGH USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR OTHER SERVICES PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY BY EMAIL TO email@example.com
Released – March 3, 2020